Sunday, April 20, 2014

Comic strip generators


I learned three comic strip generators in this mod, and I used the Dvolver to make my own comic. My movie is the Spring Break.

This is the most interesting mod I have ever finished. I like comics myself, and I believe the students also like comics. Using the cartoon characters to perform a conversation or tell a story is a great way to teach the target language. I can use these tools to create comic strips which presenting the conversations in the textbooks. Instead of reading the books, students can watch an interesting comic, while learn some new words and sentences. The interesting and vivid comic strips can no doubt attract the students' attention and leave a deeper impression in their heads. If allowed, I would like to make every conversation scripts in the book into comics in my future teaching. I think this is a great way to make the classes more attractive and effective. And also, the students can make their own comics using their own words and knowledge as their homework, which can increase their willing to learn and create.
All in all, these kind of comic strip generators are great education tools. Teachers should think about using them in their teaching process.

1 comment:

  1. I think that having the students create videos based on the things they are learning could be very motivational.

    ReplyDelete