Friday, March 7, 2014

How Should We Use Twitter For Professional Development And Teaching






As technology developing rapidly, using lots of Internet tools for educational purpose are not unusual. In the learning of this mod, I learnt about how to use micro-blogging, namely Tweeter, to improve teaching competence.

In the article named "using Tweeter for teachers' professional development", the author mainly talked about using Tweeter for personal use. As a PLA, Tweeter act an important role in professional development. We can get suggestions, resources, answers, and supports from following others on Tweeter, and also we can give offers, encourages, and answers by writing tweets. Further more, I have learnt that there is a tool named Tweeter lists, where I can find tons of lists of people in educational field who share newest resources with the world. I can either subscribe the lists I am interested in, or follow someone inside the list to keep myself being updated about the latest news, resources, links, researches, and many more areas that I am interested in.

"The best way to get the most out of Tweeter is to use it."I learnt that lots of people stop at following and reading, but the best way that can benefits you is to really use it. Tweeter has so many functions waiting for me to exploring. As using Tweeter, I am sharing while learning, reading while writing. Not only my knowledge database can be broaden, but also the writing skill will improving over time. 

Although I am a new user of Tweeter and there are still lots of things that stay miserable about it , I believe Tweeter is a great help and resources for my own professional development.







1 comment:

  1. I hope you will continue to use Twitter so that you can get over the "miserable" parts. : )

    ReplyDelete