Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Join a Twitter Chat


This is the first time I learnt that there is a Twitter chat for people to communicate online.I joined the group named "Education Chat" that began from 12 pm on Tuesday.To write a Tweet and join the conversation,I should add a hashtag "#edchat" for everyone else in the group to see my Tweet.I asked a question but maybe because I joined suddenly and all others were busying talking,no one replied to my question.However,I can read others' micro blogs and their conversations and discussions about a certain topic raised by someone in the chat.I saw someone asked what will happen if we let blogging be a part of CCSS. And some people thought it should be put in the CCSS. Although sometimes I can not follow their thoughts because so many people were talking, which made it a little messy, I still found the Twitter chat is a great way to sharing and learning from others, who may be the experts in your interested field. Further more, I can not only find people talking about their thoughts, but also they sharing some useful links in their Tweets for participants to read and refer. Here we can find tons of worthy and helpful information filtered by others, which is much better than you spend years finding something in the knowledge of sea online. People sharing everything they think useful for educators, talking about their thoughts regarding to a specific topic, discussing about different opinions in the Twitter chat online. Thus, as a new in this field, I definitely will learn a lot from theirs thoughts and experiences. If I keeping join chats like this, I believe it will help me significantly in improving my teaching proficiency.


1 comment:

  1. If a lot of people attend a Twitterchat, it can move very quickly!

    ReplyDelete